View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 AM
debbieumphress

Originally Posted by olebat
One must be careful. This can be a grey area. The characteristics here mentioned are typical of the QP, and grey is usually their (natural) hair color. I understand that they can be bribed with fat quarters, but I wouldn't waste my time or fabric. The reason I issue caution, is that there are genuinely concerned people who will scrutinize our works and provide helpful comments or suggestions. You should ask for feed back. If someone makes comments about mismatched points, that may be a quilt police. If you ask, "How do I avoid these mismatched points?" then everyone who answers is a mentor. (Before you asked, they were making comments on the pretty color combo.)

Recently, I was picking the brain of a fellow guild member about the overall operation of the retreats, shows, fund-raisers, etc. New to this guild, it seems so different than the other groups to which I've belonged. I was advised to hang my quilts for show, rather than for judging, at our upcoming guild show. She described the judges as unemotional nit-pickers who don't know how to have fun. So, yes, we have plain clothes quilt police in my area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Ditto here. I also think there is definitely a difference in being the QP and offering advice when helped. It's a slight difference so we must all be careful when we post and not fall into the QP category. LOL.

The picture is blurry because the flash was bad and the best I could do. It's a little QP person and it says Quilt Police on the bottom. SO funny. I think it was in the Pin Peddler booth.

Bought this Quilt Police pin at the Houston Quilt show last year ti have it to give to the next one I saw. Well, decided to keep it to remind me not to join this "elite" group. Elite because there aren't that many. LOL.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187898[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187892.jpe