View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Quilted Horse

OMG what a great question...and what great answers!!! About a year ago at a guild retreat, I became the prisoner of the quilt police. As is the practice, we all hung our finished works of art on the walls of the large gym when lo and behold...the quilt police (aka bee-atch) marched right over to my work and loudly announced..."where are the points?" for one quilt and then later when another was put up..."why did you applique that on? I would've pieced it in"
Well...although I was fuming (with most of my fellow guild members) my responses to these two rude comments were - "I don't really like points" and "when you make yours you can piece it!" She has continued to be a thorn in my side but I find it funny how many people she has pissed off in the meantime. Although she is a very good quilter I would never go to her for advice! I continue to learn, get better and seek advice from several wonderful mentors who provide constructive criticism. and truly want to help. I am always seeking to be better, but prefer to try new things and new ways. I enjoy the adventure (or the road to the end) more than the destination. And lastly...well I could go on forever...New quilter...keep on quilting, learning and growing. IMHO quilting is an art form which should be forever changing and growing. If you're having fun that is all that matters! OK, I'll put my soap box away now....