View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 07:21 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by mhollifiel
The LQS demonstrated the Accuquilt at my "non-guild guild" quilting for charity day. I told my DH how amazing it was. The next day it appeared in my quilt studio. (I LOVE this man!) I like it OK and use it some BUT, I am bothered by the waste even when I am very careful loading it.
There is another aspect not mentioned here that is a consideration. The backing pieces which stop the dies when they go through the fabric WEAR OUT and have to be replaced. While I don't use mine a lot, I have worn one of my backing pieces out already!
I do have the Drunkard's Path die and I think when I get around to that project (LOL), I might appreciate having it more. But I don't think I am going to invest in the strip dies at this point. . .
I think you are talking about the mats. Try putting the mat in a different position each time you use it. I've been using the SAME mat on one of my dies for 3 quilts with no problems!

Also - rough cut your fabric to about 1/2" bigger than the die - much less waste. I waste less with the GO than I did with ruler & rotary cutter.