Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Honchey

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Please, please tell me how you all matched corners in the Rose bud block. I pp, did the templates, even downloaded the rotary cutting instructions which came up short after I sewed the seams together...just finger pressing not with an iron. May be its not my thing with one eye to get it together right, but I sure tried. And tried. Again. I did the Wild Goose & Geese blocks last, and may do them again since its not quite the way I want them to look, but its the Rose bud block we just did that really has me stumped. Thanks again for any help or hints you may have.
Hi QNS, Just to let you know that when I give the numbers for the rotary cutting..they are for the exact size of the piece needed unless I round it up and I say that in the post. Not everyone sews the same seam allowance nor cuts the "same" 3" square so it's up to the individual to figure out what works for them. I always cut a few threads over the line and I check the pieces being sewn to make sure they aren't smaller or larger than what they're supposed to be. Even with pping you need to pin the "points" to keep them from shifting. For me, some blocks can take 3 to 4 hours to do because of all the pinning and YES the ripping also. I also find that when pping the intersections on the back are not necessarily the same on the front because of the folding over of more that 2 layers of fabric. If you place a pin thru the point on the right side of the block...see where it is on the other side. you would think it will be where the seams intersect.. but it isn't.. that's why you need to make sure the pinning is correct. you peek inside the pinned seam to see where the pins meet up. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. I'll take some photos for Tuesdays posting. Everyone get their blocks ready for the 3rd milestone( blocks 51 - 75) which will be posted also on Tuesday. Have a peaceful holiday everyone. Anne