View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 AM
JanetM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by JanetM
I agree with you completely. I feel as if I am invading the privacy of someone I have never met, and it makes me uncomfortable.

It is not unlike having to settle my in-laws estate when my MIl passed away. I remember bringing home her purse and clothes from the hospital. At one point, I went through her purse and even said to my husband that I felt I shouldn't violate her in that way.

Clearing their home of their 50+ years of collecting was so difficult. All of us chose something in remembrance with the rest going to charity. I thought to myself...is that it?..the sum total of our lives is our stuff?, and when it is disposed of it is as if the person never existed.

Oh boy, I shouldn't have started this. I am a bit emotional right now because my Mom is dying. She has Alzheimer's and in the last week has taken a turn for the worse. My sister and I have tried to prepare ourselves for this, but now that it seems very close, I'm finding it very difficult.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom Janet. Life will still go on without her and she will be in a better place. It will be tough for a while but you will get through it. I and I am sure many many more of us here on the board will keep you and your mom in our prayers. God Bless You Janet.
Thank you Deanna. You are right, she will be in a better place and will be whole again. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease and I will be glad when she is set free.♥