View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM
hellcat

I need help. I have been to walmart, Joann fabrics and handcok fabrics trying to find the 30's reproduction prints in the pastel colors and none of them have any of them
What I am trying to do is finish up some quilts that I started 40 years ago. The thing is they were made out of feed sacks and I was gonna try to match some of the reproduction prints with them to finish them up. One of them is a 15 in dresden plate pattern. I need to finish one block on this quilt. On a 12 in dreseden plate pattern I need to make 6 more blocks. I have a fan pattern that is a 10 inch block that I need to make 9 more of.
These quilts I thought were lost forever. I thought that the military had lost them in moving us. When we moved to OH in 1978 We had 3 semi-trucks come here in one day. One was from Louisiana, One was from Seattle washington, and the other one was from Alaska. Toward the end of 2006 I found these along with 20 something other quilt tops when I was looking for material to finish up a log cabin quilt I was working on.
So if anyone can help me out with the reproduction prints I would greatly appreciate it. I would be greatful for even scraps that I could get a piece out of.
Hellcat