View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
candlequilter
Banned

Since I saw the wonderful tute by dragonquilter about making the folded dahlias I thought I would try one. It is a wonderful tute that she did and easy to follow. I did one and then thought I would try another. Well I just finished my second folded dahlia but instead of using 6" squares for all of it I started out with the first 4 rows using a 4 x 3 rectangle, then rows 5 and 6 I used a 5 x 4 rectangle and only on the last row did I use the 6" square and I think I could have used a 6 x 5 without any problem. On all of the rectangles I started out by pressing the top over just 1 inch instead of in half and then I pressed the long direction in half. I saved alot of fabric doing it this way and the finished flower weighs less than half of what the other one did. I did cut a 2" diamond out of left over batting to put under the center fold, but it really wasn't necessary because you still get some puff. Here are the two different folded dahlias that I did. Can you tell which one uses more fabric?

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188079.jpe   attachment-188080.jpe   attachment-188081.jpe   attachment-188082.jpe