View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
love2sew8085

I went to a retreat a few weeks ago and found a Viking Mega Quilter for sale that I thought was just the thing for me. I love love FMQ! So I told DH that I thought I deserved $500 for doing the taxes...teehee... and told him about the machine and how on my Bernina 440 (which I just love to bits) I can't quilt anything larger than a full size and that is a job. He just said what kind of machine are you going to want next. Sooo, I thought oh well.... Then the other night he says out of the blue "do you think that woman still has that sewing machine?" Well, when I picked myself off the floor I called her like he said to and sure enough...yesterday I picked up my new machine. So today we went to pick up a small dresser for my fabric/whatever that is sitting around at his suggestion. This from a man I thought hated my love of sewing!!!! Maybe the comment of how a king size quilt, which I told him I have fabric for 2 of them for our bed, will cost over $250 to have quilted and I don't want someone else to do it.