View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 03:33 PM
DogHouseMom

Just a few comments ...

I viewed the pictures with my red and blue color value viewers.

Move #18 to between 15 & 16.
Move #5 to between 9 & 10.

All other values look correct where they are.

Last comment though is about #1 & #19. While I love the fabric and the colors do blend a lot, note that the variance is pretty drastic between the light and dark and the patches of color are large - probably larger than most of the finished size bargello squares. The result will be some that are totally light, some that are totally dark, and some will have both. I'm guessing your slips of paper are 1.5 x 1 (or thereabouts). What is the smallest size strip you will cut? If 1" or less, your going to have different colors in the same "place" on your bargello.

If however your set on the penguins you might overcome the black/white issue by restructuring the "orange/yellow" blends so that the penguins have dark fabric on one side and light fabric on the other. So the top 1/2 (orange/yellow stream) would be 15, 18, 19, 17, 16, 14, 13, 12, 11. The color flow is now light to dark then back to light - and the light and dark variance of the penguins will blend better in the stream.

Hope this helps - definately want to see the finished product! It's going to look like a sun set :)