View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 PM
grandmajuki

First I"m showing pictures of my Galaxy of Stars quilt that my small group spent a sew-in day learning. The quilt if from Debby Kratovil and if you are interested you can google her and get her email address. CD's for the pattern are $10 each..
Anyway I just had to use my hand painted fabric . I get the hand printed fabric from Barb's elegant designs. A yard a month !! So decided being as I have collected for the last 5+ years I ought to use some!! It is on my quilter now ( I have a HQFusion and yes, I am a longarm quilter and charge for my quilting.

This pattern does not call for the 6" blocks , with the exception fo the little ones in the corner,. But instead of using the 4 colors that recommends I have uses lots of colors in hopes of using some of my stash.. Well, I felt like it was like feeding the 5000, it just keeps growing! So instead of having 6x12 pieces of fabric I had to make some small stars.
Did I mention that 6 of( from the original pattern,)the stars are paperpieced and 6 are pieced.
Judy
oh I quilted the solar system design using monopoly thead..

Just starting out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188314[/ATTACH]

Top done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188315[/ATTACH]

Solar system quilted on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188316[/ATTACH]

This is what the pattern is suppose to looklike
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188317[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188308.jpe   attachment-188309.jpe   attachment-188310.jpe   attachment-188311.jpe