View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 AM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
Thanks so much for the warm welcome and thanks for the suggestions. I actually got a pattern of Karen Buckley's for Christmas and she shows to use the 3 stitches in the inside point, but doesn't say not to go into the background fabric. I will experiment. I am wondering if I should purchase the video. This AOTH pattern with all those hearts and inside points will be a challenge for me
Welcome to the group TOOMANYUFO'S and I agree you will love this group.

I dug up some information, that someone here may like to know:
DMC has a gold thread #5282 - 25 meters or 27.3 yards - 100% Polyester (another number on the tag is F 75579 Paris Cedex 12 - Made in Belgium) - see attached block. The only drawback it that I had to wind each bobbin by hand with help from my DH - 3 bobbins per skein and I used invisible thread on the top - I also used the white pencil (for my fingernails) to mark on the back of each square, and a clear foot to enable me to see where to stitch (it looks like it was hand embroidered), as the thread is twisted on the skein. I tried using it by hand, but it frayed - the lady at the store suggested that by machine it worked better. It worked out really well for me.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188348.jpe