View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 06:51 AM
catmcclure

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
I have found it impossible to use directional fabric without a design board. However, I have no place where I can have a permanent one. I do have room to store one behind a double bookcase and then can just place in front of bookcase when in use. Problem is, I can't find stiff cardboard that comes larger than you would find for an appliance. Need suggestions that are roughly the same width at cardboard. Also, can I use any kind of white flannel for this board or is one kind better than another?

Thanks,
Stephanie
The pink foam 4x8 sheets of insulation that fold up to 2x4 feet (comes folded this way) will allow you to stick pins in it almost forever. My daughter has a design wall made out of this stuff and it's been up on the wall four or five years - still accepts pins. You can even keep some pins stuck in the foam panel.

Have you considered putting the bookcase on very sturdy rollers and putting the design wall behind it on the wall. You could roll the bookcase out and back when you wanted to use the design wall.