Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I have been amazed too at how those old Singer 66s can just sew through layers of jean material with no problems.
All the really old machines can sew through those flat felt seams with no problem! I have use my Wheeler & Wilson's and my 127 with no problems at all!

Yesterday, I finished some Easter projects, little wall hangings with my Betty, Davis Vertical Feed. Love to put my bindings on with that machine! Now hubby and I have to get her cabinet re-done. The veneer is all coming off and bubbled -- that is the only machine in the house with a really bad cabinet! Monica, I am so glad you pointed me in the direction of that machine -- love it!

I wanted to tell you guys I found a problem with the Ritz class 66 bobbins I got from Wal Mart. They work fine in the 66 and 99, but you can not wind them. They won't fit on the bobbin winder post. I guess, I haven't tried to wind one of those bobbins before! So, back to finding vintage bobbins, or maybe these are just a bad batch? Anyway else tried to wind one of the 66's from Wal Mart on a vintage machine?

Nancy
I just bought the Metal Class 66 Singer's at Joann's and they wouldn't wind on my machine either...hold to small but I was able to wind them on my 301. I'm wondering if I should buy a bobbin winder and if they would wind on one of those?
I bought one of those bobbin winders (Side Winders) at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon so it was pretty cheap and it works great at winding any round bobbin. I just fill a bunch and have them ready. Just my 2 cents worth.