View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 07:48 AM
nangars

Everyone has there own idea of how a quilt should be put together.

I normally take a few fabric's to my quilting class and ask my fellow quilter what they think and we try different pieces, then I am the one that desides which way to go. Some of them have a better eye than I do of what does together.

Now it is the back that people tell you what you should do with it. At the price of fabric today, you are the one that has to decided just how much money you want to put into that quilt. I have done a couple with mulsin and they look just great. I didn't think that until I saw someone elses done. I think part of that is all about the machine quilter and how they do it for you.

Our group has found a great machine quilting and her prices are very good. She supplies batting so you don't have to ship that to her. You can take what she supplies for free
the 3.3 Poluester batting or you can choice one of the other types that she sells. You just ship her the top and bottom and she does the rest. She has about a 3 1/2 turn around and that works for me. We have local people that charge twice as much and you supply the top, bottom and batting.