View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Havplenty

I guess there is always the "business" end of a fun event that has to be taken care of. We are all at different stations in our lives so there are some hiccups to be expected. This is just my second round in this swap and I have noticed a few things and with seeing the thread I know there are some things I may have yet to experience.

While I know that I operate a certain way and others may not, I accepted that idea when I opted to participate in this swap especially when the swap is open to everyone at all levels of experience, and temperment, and ethics, and follow through, and etiquette, and promptness, and quantity, and quality, and computer literate or not, and etc. We have all probably experienced people like the variety on this board in our daily lives, those who are going to adhere to the rules to the letter, who do things early and those who may not do either.

While the new host may probably take into consideration her own experience in this swap along with the comments of the participates when constructing her new swap rules, I do hope that the rules do not become so restrictive and cumbersome that the swap ceases to be fun for all. The operative word here for me is FUN. When this swap ceases to be that for me then like Roseysue I will decide to no longer participate.

Having been a group leader in my regular life on many ocassions dealing with a variety of people, I know complaining will rarely solve an issue. It more often breeds discontent in some form and can discourage others. Saying that I do not know what the answer is to the situations mentioned here. During the first swap when participates were not receiving packages I offered to Suzanne to make extra things so they would not go without. She mentioned that she did have a list of angels who would send out squishes to those who may not receive anything. My offer is still on the table for the new host after she gets her bearings and has a good idea of what her needs will be. My offer is not because I have a lot of extra time on my hands, I don't (work full time and in MBA program full time) but I make things when I find stolen moments and would like to contribute if I can to someone else's fun.

I look forward to seeing what this swap becomes in the very near future with a new host at the helm. It is a big job for anyone to take on so kudos for doing so. Whether my SP posts a pic (my 2 did not) or shouts out their thanks on the thread I will continue to put together what I consider great packages to send out and hope that my SP's like what I have done. I do believe a minimum of a thank you is in order from those who receive. I know that I have been late in sending a coupla of acknowledgements but that was due to my being new at this and my time constraints (i.e. tax season). I now have a personal check off list in my swap goodies box to make sure I check off the things I need to do each swap like send the host a note that I have received a pkg, send my SP a PM that I received their pkg, etc. This is just to keep me on track because I juggle so many other balls in my regular life.

Thanks for reading my very long post. Just expressing my thoughts. And to those of you who may have received mug rugs from me I hope you are using them to enjoy a cup of your favorite beverge while you read this. Love to all and to those of you who celebrate our risen savior, God Bless!