View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Sew and Sew

Moonpi........I especially love sourdough bread and friendship bread.....in fact I am having to feed starter today for sd bread........i especially like all of the different variations of the amish friendship bread.......such as

Chocolate Variation: replace with chocolate pudding, 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of coconut.........pecans optionsal......or white chocolate pudding...........also roll chocolate chips in cinnamon........yummy.

Lemon variation; lemon pudding and 1/4 cup of poppy seeds, lemon extract, omit cinnamon, nuts and poppy seeds.........

Banana and Zuchhini Variation: Banana cream pie pudding adn 2 mashed bananas. Optional: 1/4 cup of chocolate chip to this..........omit cinnamon.
Optional also: add 1 cup grated zuchini.squeeze out excess liquid bake longer..about 75 min......but start checking after 50 min.

Christmas variation: te basic dinnamon amish bread plus 1 cup of craisins as well as pecans..........

Apple version: dried apples and caramel instant pudding......you can also add chopped dates and pecans.......adjust cooking time........If no dried apples.......substitute applesauce, raisens, cinnamon .......yum yum

I usually use 2 boxes of instant pudding.......

Now you cannot beat the amish bread recipe given by red garnet.......it is great..........I hope you do not get offended by these other ideas........Now this is the BEST PART..........don't have 10 days....need it today..........here is Wonderful Shortcut.............

Shortcut: Mix: 3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. flour............set aside as Starter
Then follow red garnets recipe above.........when completely mixed......add this shortcut starter..........place in 2 large loaf pans or 1 bundt pan or
48 muffin pans.......325 for 1 hr.......muffins........30-35 min........Hope you enjoy.........