View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:56 AM
cannyquilter

Originally Posted by jguidry
Yes, this was my first swap and yes it was fun. I've been sewing since I graduated high school. I've been quilting more than 10 years. I love to do machine embroidery, as well as punchneedle, counted cross-stitch. Also, I'm trying my hand at making a toothbrush rug.
I was intrigued by a toothbrush rug but I recognised it at once when I saw the picture. In this part of the world we call them proggy or proddy mats and we use a modified dolly clothes peg. These were originally made out of old clothing scraps. They were used first as a bedspread then they were put to the front door as a mat and after that the back door as a mat. By then they were very worn but I am sure that some practical use was made of them. Years ago everyone recycled everything!

This is only my ssecond swap and I can understand people getting disappointed when they don't hear from their SP. I agree not everyone has time to post but I think it is just basic good manners to inform the person who has sent the package that it has arrived and also to thank them for the package. Part of the fun for me is hearing and seeing the fabulous packages that are sent. I am not too good on the computer and did not post a picture but I did list everything I received and I am hoping to be able to get my son to help me post a picture when I get this month's package.

I think the only answer to people who do not send packages is to block them from participating in any further swaps unless there is a very good reason.