View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 AM
dakotamaid

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Yesterday a board member posted a picture asking if anyone knew the day of a block that was in a picture posted by another board member. I spent the rest of the day and most of the night looking for that block. After pouring through books, online sites, and my EQ7 I ended up empty handed. So I decide to recreate the block and this is my version. I call it "Candlequilter Star" and dedicate it to anyone and everyone who has used candle light to quilt by. It was very obvious in the picture danjfalke posted of the quilt made with this block that it was very old. I am not trying to away from anyones design or anything. It is a beautiful quilt that he shared the picture of and this is just my version of that block. I hope whoever quilted that quilt many years ago is looking down with a smile on her face because that design is still bringing joy to people.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

I will be working up directions on my EQ7 for this block. If anyone does come up with the original name please let me know. Again this is just my version that I am calling "Candlequilter Star".
I saw the original post and this is exactly it!! Great work:):) I would love the pattern for this when you get it done.