View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Zappycat

Originally Posted by cnolan
When I signed up for this swap, it was my first of the sort. I began gathering things I thought my SP would like immediately, and started working on the "personalized" stuff as soon as I received the name and information of my partner.

Since I had never participated in a swap of this type, I thought that once sign-up was complete, there would be little/no activity until packages started arriving. I never checked this thread until my package arrived.

I was AMAZED to find 68 pages of messages when I checked in to thank my SP for the incredible package I received. I did immediately PM Suzanne, post a "thank you" and pic's on the thread, and send a PM to my wonderful SP, Zappycat.

I certainly agree that we should all say thank you to our SPs and let them know that their time, effort, and money were not for nothing! However I really hope that no one decides to make month-long activity on the SP Thread a requirement. I know I don't always have time for a quiet thought to myself, let alone to keep up with my internet friends and this quilting board. I think it was John Lennon who said "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans". Let's keep in mind that everyone gets busy some times, and I can't imagine that I am the only one who has been kept away from my pc by things beyond my control.

OK... now that I have that off my chest, I want to stress that I have REALLY LOVED being a part of this swap, and plan to continue participating. Of course, next time, I WILL keep an eye on the thread to see what you are all talking about, doing, etc. :lol:
You're not here because you are actually working and finishing projects, Christie.... unlike me!! I have lots of posts, but don't ask me the last time I finished something!! (other than your dragon!!) But it is fun to be here dropping hints, watching people jumping up and down, and waiting with the folks on the bench, too! ; )