View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
The one time I did bobbin work, I remember them stressing that you don't put the thread/floss through the tension disk in the bobbin area. It's just free flowing thread/floss coming off the bobbin and will get caught in whatever the thread is you're using on the top.
Good Morning.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm really happy how this is finally all coming together........I tried sewing with this thick DMC on a spare piece of cloth before I actually used it on my good squares...but didn't have to make any adjustments to my tensions.

QuilterX7, in response to your questions - Yes that is bobbin work that I am doing, and I threaded the bobbin the same way as doing normal sewing - my bernina machine works well with all threads no matter what the thickness of any threads that I have used.

Yes I do put the thread through the tension disk in the bobbin area, and thought I would have to adjust the top tension, but I DID NOT have to adjust any of the tensions.

I hope this has helped answer your questions.

Ducky - I did see that she also carried a silver twisted thread, the same as the gold I am using.

Have a great day ladies...