View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Mattee

About the diapers: The recommendations have changed because cloth diapers have changed. The old-fashioned pre-folds aren't used much anymore. Now the diapers are high-tech, and often use wicking fabrics against the skin. Babies who use the newer cloth diapers rarely have issues with diaper rash. They're at least as easy as disposables, and are more comfy, less toxic, and better for the environment.

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Originally Posted by jlm5419
Originally Posted by erstan947
I've heard this before.....I'm so surprised mine lived thru their childhood :) ...
Me too. My boys slept on their tummies, with blankets. One of them even ate some dirt as a toddler. Amazing, isn't it, how things change.

:wink:
When I had my first, I asked the nurse why we couldn't keep the baby in the room with us (3 day stay in those days). She was UPSET that I would suggest such a horrible thing!!! I pointed out that the baby would only pick up OUR germs and not the germs that come into the nursery from every other room. Two years later, I had my 2nd child.....yip - we kept him in the room with us. :) Times change, ideas change and every new generation thinks they have all the answers!!!
Oh -- also - in those days, paper diapers were frowned upon by the doctors. If your child had diaper rash, the doctor would tell you to throw away the paper diapers. Now they say to USE paper diapers. I read the other day, that they're now encouraging cloth diapers again to save the environment AND to prevent diaper rash!!! SHEESH!