View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Kas

Well, I didn't get my Mom's Featherweight. She was going to give it to me, but when I was telling my big sister about it, she asked me, "The little black one?" Yes. Then she said, "Oh! I learned to sew on that machine! I loved sewing so much!" It was obvious she wanted it and had memories of it and Mama. I have to say that my mom had just given a Tiffany lamp that I had wanted for 35 years (and been told all those years was mine) to my little sister who knew it had been promised to me earlier and took it anyway. My big sister wanted the Featherweight but wouldn't say so. I told her I didn't want her to feel what I was feeling and if she wanted it to say so. She finally admitted she would love to have it. I gave it to her joyfully. She had always wanted and loved it, I only found out about it (realized my mom's machine was a Featherweight) a couple of years ago. I can always buy a new one, she can't replace the memories. The search begins! And I am looking for one with the pretty scrolled face, not the straight lines like Mama's.