View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by caspharm
Very sweet. You're a great sister.

Good luck on your FW hunt. Another option is buy a FW with the straight lines and look for a scroll face to replace it. I know other people have done this.
What a great idea! I don't feel like a great sister since I just about hate my little sister right now. Someone asked me if I could find another lamp. The answer is no. It was my Great Uncle's who got it from the Waldorf Astoria when it was being refurbished in the 30's or so. When it showed up at our house after his death, it was all stove in with missing glass and the chainpulls were broken. If it was still in that condition, I would still want it where my little sister wouldn't. It was just love at first sight for me. It seems silly to others, but it is all I really wanted out of all my mom's antiques. My sister says she is leaving it to my daughter, but my daughter will never see it as more than just a lamp her crazy aunt left her. It won't be special to her like if it was mine, still. Oh well. I love my big sister. She is such a wonderful lady and truly cares for others more than herself. I want to be like her when I grow up!