Thread: Obsession
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
roselady

The suggestion I have for you may be totally wrong because I am so not like you. I love the process and for the most part don't even think about the end product, I just love doing it. Because of that I also don't finish a lot, that is the issue I struggle with. Here is something that might help... What about having a "fast" project going along with your "slow" project. Have a machine made project that you work on when you can be at your machine, and do the hand work in the evening when you want to be around your family. That way, you will finish something quickly so that you get that feeling of completing something. It might make you enjoy the slow pace of the handwork more. You might finish 3 or 4 quick projects in the time that it takes to finish your "heirloom" quilt. I know that you might think "If am working on 2 quilts, then it will take me even longer to get it done". Yes it will, but, if you enjoy it more along the way, because you can see that the "quick" project will be done soon...well it is just a thought! I usually have a machine pieced project, a hand applique and some hand quilting, all going at the same time...who knows what I might feel like doing at any given time?! BTW, your quilt is wonderful, you must finish it, I do hope you will learn to enjoy every little stitch that you make.