Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by JenelTX
Thank you so much, everyone! I hadn't even thought of ripping out the seam to see where I went wrong. I'll do that, as a learning experience. I think it happened because I slipped with the rotary cutter when I got to the top of that piece, so it was a little smaller. Then I forgot to adjust for that when sewing the seam, so it ended up too small.

I really, REALLY had a lot of fun today!
Having a really fun day is as important as accuracy in cutting and sewing. Just be sure that this continues and you don't get to the point that you think, to yourself, Oh, gee I must finish this and dread going to the machine to do so. Sewing in my opinion should ALWAYS be fun. For me it is my stress reliever.
But accuracy in CUTTING is of GREAT importance, and so is sewing the 1/4 inch. However this being said, if it is cut accurately, then it is easier to fix if it is sewn with measurement other than 1/4 inch. Since this is your first quilt, you will now have a good learning experience, with block measurements. ENJOY making the rest of your first quilt and be sure to show us pics. along the way or at least when it is finished please. Have Fun on this new journey ((Hugs))) Gerbie