View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
whadya know, I just asked him what it was...testing? he said, "I don't know, why don't you ask her?" any other time he would have a smarty pants answer!
that's a lot of veggies you planted. good job on you!!! do the munchkins eat them? more likely too, since they helped plant them. your a smart mom, K. Getting them involved in stuff. I did that with mine too. Turned out some great kids, know you are too. Who named the dog? it's such a cute name...the dougal dog. too cute. bet the kids loved his pillow too. :D
Hi C, chitting is setting the tatties in a light place for the little sprouts to grow before you put 'em in the ground. Not everyone does it but I think it gives 'em a head start to point their noses out in the air before they get covered in soil! The kids LOVE veg! They'll eat everything and in summer if we're outside and they want a snack I just turn 'em loose in the veg plot and say 'go graze!' - they'll even eat brussel sprouts straight off the plant! I think it really helps that they see stuff growing, eggs and meat from chickens and we've raised 4 pigs so far. Having a rest this year cos we got pork coming out of our ears! If kids grow up with it, they take it as a natural part of life. Although when we got our first pigs, Joey who was about 4, thought they'd 'lay' sausages, like the chooks lay eggs! :lol:

Dougal already had his name when I got him and it suits him so much, I kept it! :D

K x