View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Anael

Originally Posted by oma66
Originally Posted by Anael
Thanks all very much!

Oma66, do you still speak or understand Dutch? I know Stein, one of my BIL used to live there.

Everyone who wants to sit at my table, come over and have coffee, lemonade or whatever you want LOL. The weather is great here, lots of sunshine so we can sit at my table all day.
I tried to learn Dutch, but whenever I tried to speak it, the Dutch would tell me to speak English!! Nearly everyone I met spoke English and I never had a problem with language there. I love Holland and the people. I love the neatness of the country and countryside. I loved riding my bike everywhere and going shopping about every other day for staples like bread and milk. I love frickendills (don't know how to spell it anymore) and the sauce and I get my fritsauce from the Dutch store in Grandville, MI, where my SIL's family lives. His family are all Dutch.

I will always have a special place in my heart for the Netherlands and the Dutch people.
Awwwww that's so sweet of you!
You might mean 'frikandellen' ? Those long meatsticks you have with tomatosauce and chopped onions? Dutch store? Really? Do they have dropjes and hagelslag? Hahahaha I bet you had those when you were living here.