View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Jill

Originally Posted by greenini
Just so you know, I finally graduated college in 2003 after grad. high school in '67. It was the proudest moment of my life. I used CLEP (college level education program, i think) tests to get about 10 classes, including the entry level English with composition they required. The tests cost less then $100 when I took them and they were great for requirements. If you buy the books and can do the practice tests you're all set. I used them for a marketing class, and other things I had learned from many years of working.

You might also be able to get credit for life experience if you write up what you know. These type of non-traditional methods of moving ahead can be a huge help to older students who want to graduate but also have lives at this point. If you would like any more info I'd be happy to help. And I know you'll do great on the placement test, so good luck!
greenini, I too graduated high school in 1967, got my Bachelor's degree in 2006, and my Master's in 2001. Outside of raising my twin sons, those degrees were the proudest moments of my life. I hope to hear the same thing from you one of these days. It can be tough but it's doable and you'll be so proud of yourself when you finish.