View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:17 PM
carolaug

I just washed down my counters then lightly sanded when I did them two years ago...this time I just washed them to get off any dirt then tapes around the sink. My sister also did hers but she removed the sink since she put in a new one...much easier and a very clean look...then I used Valspar stone paint the one for outdoors. I spray three coats 1 at a time do not over spray...it will all be covered by the third coat. Also let it dry inbetween about 1/2 hour per coat. then I sprayed on Valspar Clear Flat for exterior - now that is a smelly one...you may want to use with the window open. I did the same as the first one three coats in the bathroom. For the kithen I use polyurthene...(however that is spelled) and it was in a can for 23.00 - I used a foam brush do not use a regualr brush since it will bubble. so for the spray is fine...but in the kitchen since you will use it more I would stick with the poylurthene and I put on 8 coats...in the kitchen I had to wait a week for it to harden,...in the bathroom it was fine to use the next day. oh...and I did find a can of primer for 5.00 at Lowes that I put on the cabinets before I used the cabinet paint...which is thicker than regular wall paint.