Thread: Dog Cabin!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
QNC - you r 2 funny! We all do things like that to ourselves. It's probably better to just take a deep breath and count silently to 10! I know it's really hard, and I was there for the first 46 years of my marriage - actually sometimes wondered if we were going to make it! I don't know how I finally did it, but I'm driving my DH crazy by NOT ARGUING WITH HIM! Last summer I decided arguing/fighting was stupid and not worth it. He just stands there with a weird look on his face when I say,' I'm not going to argue.' There's no 'come back' to it.
just saw this...Joanne, you should have seen my jaw drop!!! I decided the same thing at about the same time. Who knew it could be so much fun to see that look of bewilderment on their faces :shock: , when you calmly make a simple statement and walk away...and that's it. :wink:
Let's suffice it to say, hubby's on disability and just doesn't have the patience he used to :evil: . I'm grown and sometimes have to remind him. :?
I know, the eating thing was a tad passive-aggressive, but with my stomach? can't even remember last time I did something like that, probably two years. I'm not an emotional eater. I just had a hankering for something good and used that as an excuse.
It's all my brains fault, lol. It said, "gee, you really need to eat something, how bout going to the store and getting some donuts and chocolate milk?"...being just a bit irritated, I answered, "I can do that, I'm grown!" ...I forgot, why, I'm not supposed to do that, so adios, to the brown cow juice.
thanks for giving me the smile, and next time I do the I-am-not-going-to-argue-with-you technique, I'll think of you and smile again! :wink: