Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Well, not only do I not have a pic (readily available, that is)...I also don't have the right make of machine...it's a Rotary machine not Kenmore. It is a krinkle finish. Sews a pretty stitch, but it keeps breaking thread after about 8-10- inches. I'm pretty sure it's a simple threading error. I'll keep hunting for pics.
I think that's a National. My Two Spools and Graybar look similar to that tension and threading. And the Montgomery Ward Damascus Grand Rotary has this similar threading too.
Will you post photos of the rest of this machine. I would like to see it.
Ok, I now have so time to look at my machines.
Looks like you have yours threaded correctly. Here are the steps in threading my machine. The top photo is the first and you thread through the groove in the top disc. Does yours have a similar groove? Then down and around the larger disk that is the upper tension pulley. Then down under the auxiliary hook, 3rd picture, and up to the take up, and back down at guide and then through needle left to right.

top disc with groove in top back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189721[/ATTACH]

tension pulley, thread around this
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189722[/ATTACH]

auxiliary hook
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189723[/ATTACH]

take up guide
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189724[/ATTACH]

thread guide at left
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189725[/ATTACH]

thread through eye of needle left to right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189729[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189715.jpe   attachment-189716.jpe   attachment-189717.jpe   attachment-189718.jpe   attachment-189719.jpe  

attachment-189723.jpe