View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
I have recently heard that one should not place quilts in a crib with a newborn until he or she is 12 months ago, because of the risk of suffocation. Have any of you made any "quilted bags" for a newborn to sleep in ie. that are like a bunting bag to keep the baby warm, but do not put the baby at risk?

I want to add something, so that you fellow quilters understand where I'm coming from - I love making baby quilts, and will keep on making them, and giving them as gifts. But as a new gramma-to-be, I am also conscious of the fact that the new guidelines encourage young moms to use sleeping sacks for the first year. I just wondered if anyone had made one using a pattern, and which one they used. Quilts I make will certain be used and loved, but probably not put on top of the baby when he/she is sleeping alone in his crib until he/she is a year old.

The only snuggle sack pattern I've got is for knits.. I have seen them for woven fabrics. And I've seen knitted and crochet snuggle sacks.

in my experience, all those cute baby quilts can be used on the floor or other places kiddo will be laying. NOT to cover with, but to lay kiddo ON!