View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 AM
emsgranny

Carrie - soo sorry to hear about your van - we are like you - cant afford coverage so we carry liability only on our vehicles. We have 3 old cars Newest is 94! The full coverage wouldnt have helped us too much since there isnt even a blue book value on our cars lol

Hang in there and I am so happy you are all safe!!!

My SIL lives in Maryland Heights in MO Its very close to the airport (Lambert) which was hit by tornado and shut down for awhile. I called her and was so glad that it missed her and her daughter (who lives next door!!) It hit houses 6 blockds away and they had a gas leak in their neighborhood. Her SIL came home from his nite shift to find the eighborhood closed to all traffic and the officers told him to walk home - He literally ran home to thankfully find his wife and little girl safe and sound!!!

My SIL's school was closed and the faculty got together and went to the surrounding homes to help clear debris. She said it was sooo bad. All the homes were destroyed down to the subflooring! She said it made her think about her life and thankful that it missed them. These people lost everything they owned!!! What would you do and where would you go!!!

Thoughts to ponder!!!