Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Here is a picture of my Graybar that I picked up for free. The machine needs new wiring, which I will never get around to doing. It now sits on my shelf looking pretty, but its real job is a parts machine. I swapped out a couple of rusty parts from it to use on my Two Spools. The second photo is the Graybar plate with take up in the same location as Sew Wishful's machine. The bottom photo is my Two Spools.
The Graybar is nice. I did some research when I was thinking of getting that Graybar. I remember it had the foot pedal that looks like a foot -- like the Wilcox and Gibbs foot pedal, but not as heavy nor big. Anyway, Graybar machines are not real common as Graybar made consumer products, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, and yes sewing machines from 1926 until 1934 when the company succumbed to the Depression. That machine is from the actual company and not a badged machine. Graybar started out as Western Electric - then in 1925 split off to become Graybar. After 1934 it became a distribution company and they still exist today.

Just what I learned, I thought it was interesting! I wish now I'd of gotten that Graybar when I had the chance, but hopefully someone did get it to give it a good home!

Nancy