Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Nancy Ingham

Originally Posted by Kathios
It is hard to say if they have the solid backings...they might have them today, and they might be gone tomorrow. The Marden's buyer picks up bargains from store closeouts, out of print fabrics, etc. You never know what is in stock, as it changes daily. If you are going to make a list for your Mom, I'd provide her with plenty of options/substitutions.
Kathios answered dasmith's question perfectly. I was last there the weekend before last and they had solids in the 108” width fabric in many colors, but that doesn’t mean that they do today? The woman that cut my fabric said that they had another 1000 bolts of fabrics to put out. Again, what was the width size of those bolts…I don’t know. Myself, I prefer a small print for my quilt backings and when I go I buy a variety of colors that would to match most any fabric. This last trip I bought white on white, soft beige on beige, brown, black paisley, red, and gold. Another quilter on this Board was right regarding discount/clearance bins; I bought some darling red lady bugs on yellow fabric to make a quilt for my granddaughter at $2.49 a yard. Marden’s also sells pieces of varies sizes including fat quarters, books and accessories (again always changing). Good Luck!