View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ngeorgia
I have been reading the starch topics. If you soak a lot of pieces at once and then put them in the dryer do they have to be ironed when hot or can you just fold them and iron as needed? I had also read about putting them in the refrig and iron within a week or put them in the freezer to keep from mildew. So I was thinking what if they are all dry and when I get in an ironing mood they are ready.
Does the starch mess up the dryer like spraying does to the floor?
You can store starched fabric unironed. However, if you live in a damp climate it may not be a good idea because some types of bugs are attracted to starch. If bugs are not a problem, then storing starched fabric will not be a problem either. Also, if storage is only for a month or two bugs are much less likely to be a problem; it's when you get into years of storage that they have the chance to find the fabric.

Starch has not had any bad effect on my dryer, and I use a very heavy starch solution.

For spray basting on the floor, I always recommend putting a large sheet down first to cash any overspray. It also helps to spray from the outside edges towards the center.