View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
justflyingin

As some of you know, I'm in a war on my scraps. I've been trying to cut up all my misc. pieces and find bags or boxes appropriate for them. But, I grow weary of only cutting, so I've been sewing as well.

I started to cut up the big pastel pieces that became the main part of the first pastel scrappy, and then I decided to use it whole and then make a strip of 1.5" pieces that coordinated (loosely) by looking in the bag of 1.5" pieces that I have been cutting for pieces that coordinated. You can see the end result. The off whites that are the 2.5" strips are also scraps/leftovers from various other projects. They don't match exactly if you could see them closely. :)

The green bordered scrappy is once again 1.5" inch pieces. This is the "fraternal twin" to the red bordered one I posted not too long ago. I'm pleased. I suspect I'll do a black bordered one and then if I get brave, a yellow bordered one. Did I say that I have lots of 1.5" strips? :)

I still have tons of scraps. Why? Well, Dec. and Jan. we finished up 80+ charity quilts and much of these pieces are leftover from those quilts--fronts and backs. I still have lots and lots of strips and squares but almost everything is chopped and sorted now. :) But I'm working on a couple more tops as well. I'm not sure if they will be charity quilts or not. We'll see. They probably will be. :)

pastel scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189889[/ATTACH]

green border 1.5" scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189890[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189883.jpe   attachment-189884.jpe