View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
cctx.

Yes it actually has happened to me; but in a different perspective.

I got my PC from Altex Electronics in 2007; the salesman "tried" to sell other frivolous options (webcam, game controllers, game units, Microsoft Word, ...{which I already have}.... etc..) for it and I denied the extras. I paid over $900.00 cash for the whole package; keyboard, tower, screen, mouse, & speakers.
Anyway, after (3) months with it, one morning I noticed a very thin line running up and down vertically on my screen; first thing I did was call the service tech at Altex.
He said bring it in; your pixels have been ruptured or it's your mother board that's faulty.

To make a long story short, it was taken in, swapped out for another screen, mother board was fine, and PC ran slowwwwwwwwwww for many months; it was very frustrating & many virus attacks to endure.

I buckled down, bought some more memory RAM and a better virus protection program, and now it runs and surfs the way I expect it to.

Good luck, I don't think it's a "lemon", but have the service man check it to see if it needs more memory; or a compatible virus program.
There are dozens and dozens more Virus Protection programs out there, so go what's best for you and your PC.