Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
charismah
Banned

Laurie sent me another treasure! I know when I get a quilt from her I will never be disappointed. Beautiful work...lovely choice of fabrics....just lovely all the way around!

LAurie made this quilt for her husband's physician who has been a GODsend for her family. This doctors sounds as if she goes above and beyond healthcare and has become a part of their family. Which is rare these days ( in my opinion...) So if you find a doctor like this ..treasure him/her.

Anyway back to the quilt...I of course looked at the quilt and funny enough couldn't think of what to put in the floral borders...hmmm?
Then LAurie said "floral" ....ummm Why didn't I think of that? Sometimes i think to hard about these things...LOL. I wanted to outline the center piece because I knew it would create the cross hatch effect which is always nice, I filled that peiced border with a feather..the vein loosely followed the lightest fabric in the border so it would be wavy and interesting.....

Thanks Laurie! for trusting me with your special gift!

I used HObbs polydown batting. I will gladly PM anyone with the link to where I buy this..I am not affiliated with this little shop in any way..they are just nice gals to work with and they sell long arm quilting supplies at cost to the public.

I also quilted this on my INNOVA. No computer or pantograph quilting.

Thanks for looking.

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189968[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189957.jpe   attachment-189958.jpe   attachment-189959.jpe   attachment-189960.jpe   attachment-189961.jpe  

attachment-189962.jpe   attachment-189964.jpe   attachment-189967.jpe