Old 04-27-2011, 03:22 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Radiana
Here's my problem. I need to use two comforters on my bed in winter time. We keep the heater down low at night. Even with a little portable heater I still need two comforters. I hate making the bed and trying to get them even.

I want to eventually make a double bed size quilt for my room but I want it to be warm enough so that I don't need anything else with it. I was hoping someone could give me a suggestion as to what synthetic batting would be the best for warmth. I would send it off to be machine quilted but I'm thinking in terms of washing and drying it. I don't want it to take for ever to dry.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Just a quick note about making the bed easier - I have two quilts (store bought) on my bed. After fighting them for a while, I got the great idea to attach them to each other. I got out my trusty snap setter, and put snaps at each corner, and two on each side. they stay together until I unsnap them for washing! I have two slipped disks and anything that makes 'not bending' possible makes my life so much easier. I hope this will help you too! :thumbup: