Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Pins n' Ndls

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Goodmorning from the storm torn south!!! We are still having the severe weather but at least I have power, thats more than I can say for a lot of folks around me that have trees in their homes from last night. Yeah over 6" of rain in places here in the city and almost a foot total since this garbage started last week, so if you sneeze wrong a tree will fall over. :roll:

First off there are some really nice machines that has popped up here lately and you guys are doing great at finding them. Secondly Thank You so much for helping me tend to the shop while I have all of this weather and weather related damage to deal with. You guys are the greatest!!!! After all this is a family owned and operated shop and the love here shows! :D

While I have been absent I have added a few machines to the array I need to post about, but none of them are treadles. I know "How dare he.............." :mrgreen: These are a pair of Kenmores and they date somewhere in the 60's (havent taken the time to date them yet) and both use cams. One came fully loaded with everything including the accessories and the other had a few bits with it but both were in cabinets. Unfortunately both do not run and need a full service including replacement motors (see why I like treadles :lol: ) but should be two really nice machines.

I have a soft spot for the Kenmores because it was the machine of choice for my mom. Funny how something so small can mean so much.

I will try to check in ever so often today since we are having bad storms still. Hopefully I will have electricity...... But I have 30 something PM's to weed through and I have to get some limbs out of my yard when it stops raining.

Billy
Wonderful to hear you and family are ok ! Stay Safe.