View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Katy

I have had mine since just after the 2 came out, probably 5 years or so. I like it. It does require some space and you need a safe location for the T square part as you do not want it bent. I got it when I was doing all my sewing in the living room still and had to be careful nobody sat a purse on it. So space and storage are considerations but it does help with some tasks a lot. Now that I have a sewing room it can remain out on a table or down flat either one. The board can be stood against a wall or between two pieces of furniture and the mat stored flat under a couch or a bed. You always need a really sharp blade if cutting multiple layers and need to be real sure you know how to correctly get on the straight of grain and then check often. It does not work to cut large blocks unless they have made it accommodate larger cuts since I got mine but it is awesome for strips,rectangles, squares and diagonals. My husband bought it for me for my birthday and I feel like it was money well spent even though I have not used it as often lately. I have been doing a lot with scraps and they are just as easy on a regular mat.