Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by maggie2122
I guess I still don't get why it can't be done in (4) sections, or a half of the square pp at one time.
I have no idea how much experience you have PP-ing, so don't take this the wrong way.

If you look at the first picture, that's the equivalent of the 4" block we wrote about upthread.

As you can see from the numbering, and based on the coloring of the Hunter Star block, it has to be PP in that sequence, with an A and a B foundation.

I can't start the A foundation with the A4 piece of fabric, can I? Because how/where would I put the next piece of fabric? I could start it at A2 or A3 if I wanted, as that sequence would work, but it's just a personal preference to do it the way I did.

I can go A2, A1, A3, A4
But I can't go A2, A3, A1, A4 - that won't work at all.

The second photo is the complete 4" block. Print it out and play around with any sequencing you want to see if you would be able to PP that in one shot.

Remember, you always have to have a straight line when you're adding the next piece of fabric.

After a while, it just becomes more ...easily visible. You'll be able to just take a look at a block and know if it can be PP, and how to break it down into sections, and correctly number the order of the pieces in those sections.

And sorry for the sorry pictures. My scanner and EQ are acting up tonight.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-190139.jpe   attachment-190140.jpe