View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
BARES

Thanks to all of you for all of the sympathy, help and suggestions. I looked up the lemon laws for CA. They tried to get me to take it home saying that BSOD happens often. If I had taken it home then they could have gotten out of the warranty. I took it in today and was finally able to talk to the Manager of Best Buy. He said that they will do a hardware check on it this time and see if that is causing the problem. I am NOT going to give up! SOMEONE is going to do something to fix the thing or give me a new one. I am going to write to Dell and let them know what problems I am having. I have no other software or peripherals - just the tower, monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I found that the Federal gov't has lemon laws for things like computers. As I understand it, the product has to have a history of failure and attempted repairs and the cut off seems to be 4 times. Well this is my fourth time. I will get all my paperwork together and documentation together so I can make a detailed complaint.