View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
BARES

Glad your computer was fixed. I had lots of RAM - it is barely used. Don't download much and don't add lots of other programs/software. Didn't need any of the extras as I am the only one who uses it and am an "old lady". :D :D :D I am also using a good virus program as I wanted to put it on my laptop as well and perhaps my old computer. It was less expensive that way.

Originally Posted by cctx.
Yes it actually has happened to me; but in a different perspective.

I got my PC from Altex Electronics in 2007; the salesman "tried" to sell other frivolous options (webcam, game controllers, game units, Microsoft Word, ...{which I already have}.... etc..) for it and I denied the extras. I paid over $900.00 cash for the whole package; keyboard, tower, screen, mouse, & speakers.
Anyway, after (3) months with it, one morning I noticed a very thin line running up and down vertically on my screen; first thing I did was call the service tech at Altex.
He said bring it in; your pixels have been ruptured or it's your mother board that's faulty.

To make a long story short, it was taken in, swapped out for another screen, mother board was fine, and PC ran slowwwwwwwwwww for many months; it was very frustrating & many virus attacks to endure.

I buckled down, bought some more memory RAM and a better virus protection program, and now it runs and surfs the way I expect it to.

Good luck, I don't think it's a "lemon", but have the service man check it to see if it needs more memory; or a compatible virus program.
There are dozens and dozens more Virus Protection programs out there, so go what's best for you and your PC.