View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 PM
clsurz

Originally Posted by peppermint
I was reading on the board regarding bidding on E-bay. There was a web site that bids for you and I don't remember the name. If there is, how safe is it.
I was watching a sewing machine and it was down to the last min and all of a sudden there was another bid. I was wondering if they had help from the web site.
I don't use such services. I bid in the last 30 seconds often times in the last 10 seconds and snipe it right from the other bidders.

Sometimes I'll just put in the price I'm willing to pay for an item and let eBay's system do the bidding for me. If someone surpasses it they are welcome to it.

I also do alot of negotiating with sellers on eBay and elsewhere online to get what I want at what I want to pay for it. As and example today I was pleasantly surprised after watching and trying for about 4 months to get the EQ7 program lower than I was willing to pay for it. The program retails for $189.95 and I was willing to pay $150 and not a penny more. All my negotiating failed until today when eBay sent me an email stating there was a new listing for it. I went and used BIN and got it for $138.00 which was lower than what I was willing to pay for it.

With eBay key is to be patient and not put a bid in right away and save it in your watch list. Set your calendar and time for day it ends and go in and if the highest bid is not yet higher than what you are willing to pay for it snipe it.

I also won't bid on auctions that have many bids....that means a few folks or a couple are bidding just to up the price. I will instead do a search for auctions with 0-5 bids and view those instead and put them on my watch list.