View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by BARES
Thank you for the suggestion. Will holding the F10 fix work for Vista as well. I have a laptop that just croaked. Was my BIL who is dead and can't bypass the Administrator password to change it.

Not sure about Vista..you might be able to check with either the Vista site or call them..I do know it can be done (just not sure how)..Computers get refurbished and sold quite often ..Also, if you ever have to do a complete recovery make sure that you transfer any photo's or added programs onto a disc before you do it..I have lost so many pictures..

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
Originally Posted by BARES
I bought my new computer in Aug 2010. I had it for 6 months and it went BSOD. (Blue screen) Took it to the Geeks and they "fixed it". Cost $300. A month later it happened again. Took it back. 2 weeks later it was back in the shop for the same thing. For a third time I had to take it back for the same thing. They kept saying it was my fault. They reformatted it on the third try. Had to re-install all the software from scratch. Well I have had it back for FIVE days now and it is still happening. THIS WILL BE THE FOURTH TIME I WILL BE TAKING IT IN FOR THE SAME THING!!!! Has anything like this happened to you or do you have any SUGGESTIONS? Anything will be appreciated.
Not sure what type of computer software that you have but, if you have windows xp I can give you some suggestions about how to restart it from scratch so it may save you some money..You probably already tried this though :) ...Shut the computer off..and BEFORE you reboot it..hold down the f10 button..DO NOT take finger off until after the computer is rebooted ..It should take you to a screen that will ask you if you want to return to factory condition..hit yes..It will take awhile but usually that fixes alot of problems..If all else fails, it maybe cheaper to just buy a new computer than keep paying those huge amounts to fix it..I think you can get a brand new one for right around 400.00 ..(some cheaper, some more expensive)...I love mine but there are times I just want to chunk it out the window..