View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 04:58 AM
moreland

Originally Posted by BARES
I bought my new computer in Aug 2010. I had it for 6 months and it went BSOD. (Blue screen) Took it to the Geeks and they "fixed it". Cost $300. A month later it happened again. Took it back. 2 weeks later it was back in the shop for the same thing. For a third time I had to take it back for the same thing. They kept saying it was my fault. They reformatted it on the third try. Had to re-install all the software from scratch. Well I have had it back for FIVE days now and it is still happening. THIS WILL BE THE FOURTH TIME I WILL BE TAKING IT IN FOR THE SAME THING!!!! Has anything like this happened to you or do you have any SUGGESTIONS? Anything will be appreciated.
Something similar happened to me--when I took it someplace else, the first thing the man did was tell me that I had a pc that had been recalled and the company would replace it free--only problem was the offer had ended a couple of weeks before I got to him. I had been in and out of Staples with it and no one ever mentioned that. Might be worth doing your own search on the model number of your pc.