Thread: Wal-mart
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
If Sam Walton was still alive the customer wouldn't be getting screwed around like we do. He would listen. They need a party dept like bore hogs need teats.
here, here...he was a good man, and probably rolling over in his grave that his own family sold out the business!
I am seriously thinking, that when ours stops selling fabric, they stop selling anything to me.
We are on a fixed income, so once a month, I could go to bigger town, do my fabric shopping, have lunch and rest...oh, I need a rest after being in fabric store store for hours...no matter whether I buy a little or a lot!...then, go buy all my groceries for a month...geesh, am tired just thinking of it, but, I am a loyal person and have spent many, many dollars in wal mart.
When they started taking my fabric tickets off at cash register, a few years ago, I rolled with it for a while, but was such a nuisance, since i like to have date and amount on pieces, so I don't have to remeasure etc. and i make some of my own notes on them.
When I got fed up being treated like a thief, I talked to manager, then headquarters, and told them i was paying for those tickets, gave them my name etc. and said, look me up in your stuff and see how much money I have spent in past couple years on fabrics, and they had to agree that I was indeed paying for them and to tell cashiers NOT to take them off.
I had to say it each and every time. I told them, put a hiliter thru bar code, but DO NOT TAKE MY TICKETS. i had to start paying for my fabrics separately so I could have time to watch, or they would sneak and trash them, while I was unloading other groceries. i was absolutely serious. Over time it became a real trigger for me to patronize their store and be treated like that. I am a very easy going person, but this brought out the fabric-tiger in me. I was very polite, but adamant.
I know not everybody can do what I am thinking, but if they could, I would love to see wal mart dance to the music for a change. Two of my girls, and several more family members have or are working there. They treat their employees like crapola, and basically their customers too.
One time, daughter mentioned a situation to her dept. manager and made a suggestion that was store and customer win-win, manager said no, keep doing it this way, customers will keep buying here, even if it is harder for them. why should we change? well, I may only be one person, but gonna do my part to give them a jolt. :?