Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 AM
doowopddbop
Banned

Bebe,
Thanks for organizing this swap for us - I certainly understand that life happens.... so each person gets one less block - and our group gets the Hunter's Star returned - I have always wanted to make a Hunter's Star quilt, anyway, and now I know how to make the block. Maybe I will use mine for the center of a new quilt, and I'll just add a bunch of borders to it.

Or maybe.... just thinking here - maybe those remaining in our group would like to use the block as the center of a Round Robin Exchange... I send my center block to someone who adds a border to it. Then she sends it to someone else for a second border, and finally to someone else for the third and final border. Then you ship it back to the original owner. We have done this in our guild for the past few years.

We could establish some rules such as: Borders not more than 5" wide, and you can use a small (up to 1") stop border before adding your next border. Then we would have rules for each border:
Border 1: Triangles
Border 2: Applique'
Border 3: Squares/Rectangles

Before we begin, we would be sorted into groups of four. Everyone interested would send me a pm with their addresses so that the instructions to you would include the address of where you send your next Round Robin. The original person would send the block, and any instructions/personal preferences along with three mailing labels in a large manila padded envelope. Just re-use the same envelope each time you send it along. You pay for postage each time. You will have one month to get each border done and ship to the next person on the 1st of the month.

When you get your block back, it will have three borders added to it; the right size for a cute table topper or wall hanging.
Here are some examples on our guild website:
http://www.hebervalleyquilters.iwarp.com/photo.html

This would be a kind of design challenge. Is anyone interested? Send me a pm to let me know and I would be happy to facilitate this new Swap. If Bebe mails out our blocks by the 31st of March, we could begin on May 1st. I would need responses as soon as possible, and would form the groups and send your instructions by April 15th, giving you time to mail your center block to the next person on your list. you would not necessarily need to use the extra block you get returned from Bebe, but we would add the rule that the center block be no larger than 12-1/2", as most of our blocks are in this swap. Does this sound fun to you? Let me know, and we will continue our fun!